Accusoft, a document and imaging company, surveyed 100 US IT managers and 250 employees to build a picture of document management practices and concerns. The report also addresses how organisations are managing BYOD challenges.
- 92% of companies say they have a document management policy, but
- This high number is let down by a lack of regular training and guidance
- 43% say their employees don’t always comply with procedures
- 20% of employees say they don’t know what document management tools their employer uses
- Document handling training is intermittent in many companies
- Only half of companies regularly update their employees on policies
The employees who participated in the research outlined the day-to-day challenges of working on documents.
- 23% of employees say they are asked to keep track of too many versions
- 20% say accessing documents via mobile devices is too difficult
- 36% say poor file management has incurred project delay in the last six months
The problem of mobile
- 74% of organisations have implemented a BYOD policy
- Only half of these companies require that employee devices are approved by the IT department
- 59% of employees open work documents from their mobile devices
- Over 60% of employees are accessing their email via their mobiles at least once a day
These findings closely echo the findings of this study of European organisations.
Download the full story here.