The National Library of Norway is planning to 'systematically' digitise its entire holdings. It calculates that it will take between 20 and 30 years to complete the project. The project's objectives include:
- Collaboration with strategic partners
- Agreements with publishers to ensure as much content as possible is deposited digitally
- Offering a modern digital library sevice
- On demand digitisation of on demand materials
- Providing access to as much as possible of the Norwegian cultural heritage
- Visibility in search engines
Source: via Marydee Ojala.