The new redesign aims to "bring conversations and content to the heart of the platform". The aim is to make it as easy as possible for professionals to share content and join in professional discussions.
(Interestingly this is the path the Digital Trends Report 2017 predicted for LinkedIn.)
What does the redesign offer?
- Improvements to profile layout and visibility – including how many people have viewed your profile – and who they are
- Improved messaging – including highlighting how you are linked to potential contacts and real-time messaging
- Notifications about activity on your account
- Increased focus on professional content
- Improved, intuitive search
- Improved, simplified site navigation
You can read more about the redesign here: