Information Today Europe provides this section as a service to its readers and customers.
All content presented within the press release section is that of the submitter. Information Today Europe does not necessarily endorse such content and bears no responsibility or liability for its accuracy.
Cutting through the complexity of electronic resources management
Facet Publishing have announced the release of Alana Verminski and Kelly Marie Blanchat’s Fundamentals of Electronic Resources Management.
Electronic and digital resources are dynamic and ever-changing and there is an increasing demand for competent professionals to manage them. Fundamentals of Electronic Resources Management cuts through the complexity and serves as an invaluable introduction to those entering the field as well as a ready reference guide for current practitioners.
The authors said, "Electronic resources are a reality for libraries today, yet information professionals both experienced and new to the field face a steep learning curve when keeping up with the ever-evolving world of electronic resources management. This book aims to provide hands-on tools that can be used on the job, from beginning to end of the electronic resources lifecycle. It also provides information about the current marketplace and industry practices, putting the work of libraries into context with their external partners."
The book covers:
- the full range of purchasing options, from unbundling package subscriptions to pay per view
- evaluating both new content and current resources
- common clauses in licensing agreements and what they mean
- selecting and managing open access resources
- understanding methods of e-resources access authentication
- using a triage approach to troubleshoot electronic resources access issues
- the basic principles of usage statistics, and ways to use COUNTER reports when evaluating renewals
- tips for activating targets in a knowledge base
- marketing tools and techniques
- clear explanations of jargon, important terms, and acronyms.
Alana Verminski is the collection development librarian at the Bailey/Howe Library at the University of Vermont.
Kelly Marie Blanchat is the electronic resources support librarian at Yale University Library.
Press and review copies contact:
James Williams, Marketing Manager, Facet Publishing
Tel: +44 (0)20 7255 0597
Link to the cover image: Link to the cover image:http://www.booksonix.co.uk/facetpublishing/9781783302307.jpg
Fundamentals of Electronic Resources Management | Mar 2017 | 264pp | paperback: 9781783302307 | £54.95
The book is published by Facet Publishing and is available from Bookpoint Ltd | Tel: +44 (0)1235 827702 | Fax: +44 (0)1235 827703 | Email: email@example.com | Web: www.facetpublishing.co.uk. | Mailing Address: Mail Order Dept, 39 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4TD. It is available in North America from the American Library Association.