European internet use figures
Report highlights an increasingly mobile and multi-tasking online population.
The latest findings from IAB Europe provide a snapshot of evolving media consumption patterns in Europe. Over 50,000 interviews were held in 28 countries.
- 427 million Europeans use the internet every week
- 37% of Europeans are accessing the internet on more than one device
- Over 90% visit news websites
- 96% report they research purchases on line - 87% shop online
- 48% use the internet whilst they watch TV (Norwegians and French users most active multi-taskers)
- Mobile online access more popular in northern and western Europe
Read more on IAB Europe.